Thursday, July 24, 2008

No Random Thoughts Today

I'm not feeling random today. Actually the events of the past couple days have been anything but random. I've started a detoxifying juice fast, Occupational therapy for the mystery that is impacting the functionality of my right hand and, last night I tuned in to CNN's Black in America report. So, um yeah random thoughts aren't exactly abound.

I'm hesitant to make any summation of my opinions on the news feature until I've watched the second half of it tonight. It is certainly a lot to digest, I'll give it that much. I found it important enough to corral the children into the family room for an unprecedented mandatory watching of the tube. But, I don't know-in relation to the way we've chosen to raise our children, if the content of the feature makes a matter at the end of the day. Again, I need to chew on that a bit.

Speaking of chewing, I'm doing alright with the fast. Knowing that I could quit at anytime and eat one of my aging mocha creme cookies yet, not doing so feels pretty amazing. You can see what is keeping the grey matter wrinkled and fully functional here.


One pseudo-scientific finding that has been unveiled amidst all of my toxin-free thinking; a seemingly direct correlation between mastication, aggravation and the ability to thread and load a sewing machine bobbin as it contributes to the makings of a homicidal maniac. I have a tendency to push myself beyond the very fragile brink of sanity by taking on projects that are only practical in my impractical mind's eye. I've done it again and it involves tulle and that damn sewing machine. Sigh.

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Tulle?!! Jump right in with something hard to work with...

Anonymous said...

I applaud your commitment to the juice fast. I tried it for a day once, and I just couldn't get into it.

As a longtime seamstress, I can understand the homicidal feelings generated by threading the machine. Can they make the process ANYMORE complicated?

Have a great day,

Kate

Mary Richmond said...

good luck with your fast! i can never do a juice fast for more than a day but am going to try for two days this weekend!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin