Monday, July 21, 2008

Fluff for Circumstance

A bit of Monday fluff; it's been a day fraught with occupational therapy and general Mondays' malaise. I did however get some goodies in the mail, so let's dish on one of 'em for shits and giggles.

I often make mention of music and my varied musical tastes. There is so much to be gleaned from a people, a culture, an era through music; it's the story you can dance to. I'm not sure what we'll look back and realize we've learned from Soulja Boy other than to relish the blissful ignorance of our youth if we actually like his um..music.

I recently purchased Rhythms Del Mundo Cuba for the Favorite guy and I. Rhythms Del Mundo is a collaborative project which raises money and awareness of global climate and other assorted ecological issues. This is a cause near and dear to me, as a well invested creator of little people I'd like them to have a place to sow their lessons of love and peace.

Rhythms Del Mundo Cuba brings together some exceptionally diverse talent. As you can tell I'm rather passionate about the purchase. Featured on the compilation are contemporary artists such as ColdPlay, Maroon5, Sting and Jack Johnson-but, the musical composition has been produced and arranged by the late great Ibrahim Ferrer and Omara Portuondo of Buena Vista Social Club and a special appearance from Quincy Jones. It also happens to feature Ibrahim's last performance, As Time Goes By; a duet with Omara Portuondo; talk about going out with strength and grace.

2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

This looks fantastic!

lily green said...

That does look like an excellent compilation -- I shall have to check it out!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin