Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Official...


Okay, so it's no secret that I talk to my cats and well, now it's no longer a secret that they talk back. (I'm not sure if I mentioned it previously, but they respond to my high pitched kittie-talk with meows. For all I know they could be saying, "This broad is nuckin' futs", but until they actually say that, we're cool.) Up until this afternoon I kinda had a handle on the fact that they, Anju and Biju are cats and I, Tameka am not a cat. This whole story is exceptionally funny to me because I watch the Dog Whisperer and laugh...chortle even, at folks who engage in near psychotic extremes of anthropomorphism. Well, you read it here first folks, today I called Anju Ike Turner! Actually, I kinda asked him if he thought he was Ike Turner. Yup, sure did.


The cats go at it a few times a week in the morning, my guess is that one of them-Anju, is not a morning per...feline (You almost had me.) Today was no exception, they were going at it something awful as I slurp down my nuclear hot coffee. I did my usual screaming, foot stomping; trying to distract them from eating one another and it worked for a while. Then, this evening while I was in the zone, working on a new piece, humming...well more like 'singing in tongues'-I was listening to 80's tunes, and you know how you think you know the song better than you actually do? Well, yeah-that, "It was a long hot night she made it easy, she made it feel right, ah nananana de diddle deee dee..mana mana, I knew I was wrong." Suddenly, Biju lets out this bile curdling, almost human sounding scream and limps off under the sofa whimpering. I jump up, beads rolling about. "Oh no you did not. What're you crazy or somethin'?" I raise Anju up from the floor holding him at eye level. (I know what you're thinking) I ask, "What's with the Ike Turner shit? Leave. Her. Alone, Anju! Seriously you're really pissin' me off." Now mumbling, "This fuckin' guy is too much". I returned to the piece I was working on; eyebrows still a-wrinkle, sat stoically for a moment before I burst into laughter. Shortly followed by the fear that Anju just went to piss in my Birkenstocks. Aah, it's official, I've arrived, "My name is Tameka and I am a Crazy Cat Lady". Huh? Oh...no, he didn't respond this time. Peace.

6 comments:

The Love Collective said...

Mix Ike Turner and cats and that's what happens. lol. Great post.

Just showing some love.

http://boughettonews.blogspot.com/

* Amanda * said...

ha!

ok I wasn't gonna say crazy cat lady but you already did! lol

great story : )

Anonymous said...

i always talk to animals, but i can one up you on crazy lady ness
i talk back in voices that represent them
they talk back to me thru my voice hhaha
i get it from my mom

Sygnet Creations said...

Well it is official.. This post had me laughing so hard.. I could actually invision you with indepth conversations of the feline nature..lol I once had a huge black and white that looked like Sylvester.. Not only did he come when you called his name but when he arrived he meowed like saying "what do you want!"

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u are wild woman

get some dogs and u can shop at my store 4 dogs

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

Hahahaaaaa...that is hilarious!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin