Photo courtesy of Flickr user: fccmontg
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I ran, really I did only, it was not fast enough and I have been tagged yet again. I could have flaked, but these 7 random things memes are like Cliff's Notes for my eulogy. You know what they say, if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself! Here's to you Jennifer:
1. As sibling superlatives go, I am the smartest, the meanest and the weirdest. I'm also the oldest so their opinions don't count! Laughs.
2. I was a child pageant runner up, Little Miss Half Pint. Who knows what year it was. I'm still pissed because I was so totally robbed. That other kid had nothing on my bowed legs and Afro puffs.
3. I performed in an African Dance Troupe for several years promoting the arts in New York City public schools and libraries. One of the places I performed was the historical Langston Hughes library in Queens.
4. I am a happily inked woman. I purchased a fake state ID on NYC's infamous 42nd street at age 14 and travelled via LIRR to obtain my first tattoo, a black widow spider on my upper right shoulder blade. It has since been ingeniously incorporated into the much larger floral piece that spans both entire shoulder blades by the lovely Emma of Porcupine Studios. (I'll post pics one day-Favorite guys has to take them.)
5. My teeth are nonconformists too. Laughs. In my 35 years I have had 5 wisdom teeth extracted, yes 5! I had a gap closed and an extra incisor removed as well. I've opted against having any more work done as I think the deviation adds character.
6. Following the branding initiative of Generation Y retailer Delia's in 1997, It was decided that Delia needed a more detailed identity. Up until that time she was a concept, a paradigm for girls aged 13-17. As part of that super talented marketing team we groomed her into a Lacrosse playing, A student from Pleasantville, and I provided her voice.
7. I was an infant, toddler at best, when my grandmother was working towards her M.S.N. She would often read to me. I'm not sure how far back we are supposed to remember, but I know far more about medical science than I've consciously learned. I have contributed and even corrected several diagnoses in myself and others over the years. I haven't a clue where this information came from.
I'm hanging up my tagging shoes for a while folks, it's been a blast.
at 9:49 PM