Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Riddance

I guess I'm feeling bitter tonight. Maybe not bitter, in many ways I am and feel triumphant but disappointed that the "game" has not been fair. I wrote this, off the cuff. I'm going to call it:
The Riddance
There are things in this life and of this world for which there are no second chances. It is a myth that the sun always rises. There are offenses that apologies cannot assuage. There are hearts that never mend, and trust forever lost. Every day comes with choices, the seen and unseen, heard and unheard, spoken and moot. It is what you choose to do in solitude that defines you. The secrets that you keep, your level of grace, character and integrity stand before you. Some of us are intrinsically open and trusting and honest, some of us aspire to learn. Others are cunning, Machiavellian, pariahs with no aspirations other than the survival of said deceptions. Some will be revealed, some will remain veiled, but karma awaits all. Stop. Think. And, never underestimate the power of Kali.

5 comments:

Field Notes said...

Dang women you gave me goosebumps! Holy cow that is seriously the best writing I have read all day, and I read for a living!

Wende said...

Thank you!

(http://www.evidently.org)

T.Allen said...

thanks field notes! :D
you're welcome wende!

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I love this piece that you have written. I am at a place right now where I know things can't be taken back in the way of time, there are no second chances in the way of time. That is hitting me hard. I loved the eloquence of your passage. Thank you for sharing it. :)

Karen Beth
zazazu.wordpress.com

Bright Circle said...

Wow. Talk about a moment of clarity. Occasionally I get into a mindset in which I write things in a similar idea, but mine are more like nonsense poetry, and make little sense to those not myself.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin