Monday, April 14, 2008

Stop...

Paper time!


Mentally raises the roof and sings, "Oh oh oh oh oh... Paper time!" I'm sitting here listening to Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child and discussing the potential dangers surrounding our gene pool with the favorite guy. Yes, Puberty Man is commiserating again. I can't say she's actually a danger to the gene pool, I haven't met her yet. I'll stay Swiss on the topic until further observation. Favorite guy-while he knows I am the cat's meow isn't necessarily always the best judge of character or genetics. Laughs.

I'm working on a collage and wallowing in all of my paper crafting goodness; along with Biju kitten. I gotta say, there is nothing like cleansing the artistic palate with a bit of change. I've posted a few pictures of my work in progress-how BIG is that?! I can't speak on the outcome, I honestly don't know where it's going. I can however, say that it is a collage. As left hemisphere-like as it is to train the right hemisphere, it is what I'm trying to do whilst I grow as an "artiste".Laughs.

I'm feeling rather proud this evening as I blog and post pictures of an unfinished project. Friends and followers on the journey can recall a lifelong bout with "Perfection Paralysis". Perfection! Perfection-to the extent of shielding incomplete machinations and musings from my children during their infancy! I've come a long way baby and it feels good!

Life has been flowing lately, ideas and relationships, communications and, creative processes have taken on a natural acquiescence. I'm in touch and it feels great. Now, let's just hope nothing 'bad' happens while the floodgate is open. I've even ventured into a couple of NEW! relationships. "Tina, Kiandra; welcome aboard and, moreover thank you for joining me". Anyone who has ever been buried under the darkest layers of depression can understand the immense pleasure that results from these sunshiney days. I'm riding the wave, and I'm elated. Part of my new perspective, stems from an old ideology. Laughs. I compare it to my NYC subway riding days-standing at the edge of the platform, as the stifling heat and funky ass, crowded train approaches, I'm thinking, "I have two choices, just two-I can stand here indefinitely, waiting for a comfortable ride or... I can make do with the chance I have. In the end, I'll arrive at the same destination, it's just a matter of when". Well I'm here, and you're reading about it-so needless to say, I caught my train and haven't missed my stop. Winks and smiles.

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Glad you caught your train and didn't miss your stop..Your doing lovely work..keep going..never know what is around the corner.

T.Allen said...

why thank you...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin