Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm still working on my collage, it looks like I can wrap up the layout tonight and the technical stuff, like sealing and gluing everything in place. I already have another project lined up because the technical part of it feels too much like work, it'll interrupt the flow of my mojo. Winks.

Business has been slower than usual, it's kind of refreshing, for now. I have no desire to package and ship...in fact I'm all ideas and very little energy. Eh, it happens to the best of us I suppose.


I'm feeling very sensitive lately, not depressed, just aware and in touch. It's an interesting place to be. I feel most myself when I'm where I am right now. Funny how it involves a great deal of solitude and silence. There are times when I feel disconnected and it is during those times that I am most out-going and accessible, but when I'm here, I just want to be left alone to think and observe, to create. Joe burst from the bath yesterday, and informed me of a message he'd received about my writing. He suggested I write a book. Not as in the great publishing giants, the insane pressures of categorising and shelving your musings, but more at the independent level. It's such a beautiful thought, and I'm most grateful that I've found someone who believes in me beyond my own field of vision.


I'm giving it a mental go, and tossing some ideas about internally...writing comes from a place that I'm not always willing or able to visit. It gets tricky between these ears at times. On the flip, I can't possibly be the only one. If I can touch a handful of others with the sometimes obscure randomness that is me, I... "Yeah me." I just might make a difference. Ultimately, it is what creating is about, you know? Just making a difference; a ring for a finger, a painting for a wall, an outlet for the words you cannot speak, the realization of a dream.


Thinks for a moment. For the right now though, my change lies in this shadow box collage. I've taken some creative risks here. Yeah man, I'm leaping from tall buildings without my cape with this one. I haven't named it yet, but oh about 90% of this project is trash. I've got a few pages from this season's Urban Outfitters catalog, a Leinenkugel's cap (that's the brew on my Tea List) some scrap wire and the remains of some faux fall foliage. The case itself is new, well old, unfinished-project-kinda new and, the papers used for decoupage are leftover from last year's scrapped Father's Day cards project! Yes, I'm generally a bit of an unfocused mess, so this digging in the crates project is both an artistic and a personal growth venture. Well, back to work. Winks.

4 comments:

Mequet said...

I love reading your blog. You have such a command of the written word! You should write a series of books, all about the adventures of Puberty Man. The villain(s) could be all the skanky girls threatening your gene pool! Haha!

Rosebud Collection said...

Your work is coming along nicely..
You are a true artist, working with things you have and making beautiful objects..

T.Allen said...

mequet...you just may be on to something! thanks~

T.Allen said...

thanks rosebud, you're so kind.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin