Saturday, January 16, 2010

Confessions of a Fallen Fashionista

The Lady in Grey


Grey, heather grey, charcoal grey, white, denim, faded denim, ready-for-Goodwill denim, drab, drab, drab. What's become of me? Most who know me would describe me as a fashion risk-taker; one with an eclectic sense of style. Avant garde, even (which ironically is so passe).

I'm an artist; I fill my days with beauty, I live for it! So, what about me?! I've fallen in a bit of a fashion quagmire-creator of fashion jewelry that I am. I have my finger on the pulse of fashion, but my finger is the extent of it.

So, last week whilst the children and Favorite Guy were out, I replenished my supply of cosmetic bag staples and I'm going to devote an entire week- beginning tomorrow, to kick-starting my zest for fashion and overall personal appearance give-a-shit.

If you are currently in need of a personal appearance give-a-shit kick start, feel free to join me by devoting just 5 extra minutes to your Self each day this week and posting about it. In addition, post a link to your blog in the comments. It's a tough job, and that's exactly why I've gotta do it!




Peace and some personal appearance give a shit!

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Personal appearance give-a-shit

perfect

Kathy said...

I work in an office full time, so 5 days a week I have to give a shit. When the weekends roll around, it's t-shirts, jeans, slippers, no makeup if I'm not going anywhere important and hair that is....well....not very attractive....because I don't give a shit and that's okay by me! :)

Good luck with your give a shit journey! :)

Barbara said...

One ticket to give-a-shit valley please. You got a place for all this baggage? =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kick. I used to make jewelry, but did I ever wear it? No and now I have gotten out of the habit. Need to get back in. And for a girl who was a teenager in the 80s I never learned to do anything with my hear or makeup... which the one good thing is there are few "Big hair" photos out in the universe to haunt me.

A Cuban In London said...

Loved that final line. I have to admit to be a very black-and-white kind of person (literally). Favourite colours: blue, dark blue, navy blue, sky blue... and... did I mention blue? And then, there's black, and then, there's black and white and grey, any grey.

Have fun with the make-over.

Greetings from London.

Unknown said...

yep. i was going through the same things for like...4 months straight.
i usually do get stuck in that rut where i'm creating beautiful items for other and neglect myslef.

i got some new shoes lately--first ones in a loooong time--and they've inspired me to pull it together fashion wise!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin