Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shutter Click & Chat 2/29



Bicycle races are coming your way

So forget all your duties oh yeah!

Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today

So look out for those beauties oh yeah!

-Freddie Mercury, Queen 1978



Amidst my cerebral radio station archives of eclectic and nonsensical songs I thought of this one. Aside of being a fitting song for this mural-photographed whilst on vacation, this song is... well, pretty random, even for Queen. What soundtrack have you chosen for your photo this week?



Next Week is the first Shutter Click & Chat of March, that was quick! Show me some wind. Shutter Click & Chat 3/7: Wind, windy, breezy, cool. Cool?


Peace




11 comments:

smithfamily said...

What an amazing mural... love that song! great combo!

High Desert Diva said...

Ha ha! What a great musical choice/mural photo!

Unknown said...

wow @ the mural.

that song will now be in my head all week.

i do this all the time..put songs to images or situations. oddly enough, though, i haven't been able to come up with anything. still working on it...

Chubby Chieque said...

I pass by for the SS but I was fascinated w/ your post though. You have such a gorgeous posts and your thoughts of photography is amazing.

Have a nice Sunday.

Barbara said...

That is a great mural. I long for the feeling that the lead racer must be feeling in that picture... I just know that the wind has to feel like shear nirvana hitting his/her face.

Jewelry Rockstar said...

I remember this song. It reminds of the days that Black radio where I lived was on AM and on for about only 4 hours a days. The rest of the day we would listen songs like this by Queen. Kiss, & The Eagles, etc.

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Wow....I never heard that particular Queen song. Talk about Deep Tracks! ; )

Great photo!

Anonymous said...

My husband is a huge fan of Queen. I love their music and Freddie Mercury was an innovator. Great mural.

Hope you had a blast on your mini get away.

{S.T.U.F.F.} said...

Mural, Song...{luv} them both.
Great choice!

can never go wrong with Queen :-)

A Cuban In London said...

Fifth track (if I remember well) from Queen's 'Jazz' album. The one that WAS NOT about jazz. One of the quirkiest songs they ever wrote and they wrote some very quirky ones. Good choice of song and image. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

said...

Heya! This is my first time on your fantastic blog. I will be back. Stay fabulous. It keeps 'em guessing. Ciao.
~ Secret Diary
http://RFourBiz.Blogspot.com
http://R4Biz.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/TheSecretDiary

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin