Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shutter Click & Chat 2/01

Everyday in a different way...


Today I did something I often do subconsciously but seldom do deliberately; I altered my perception. I took this shot of a pruned shrub whilst lying on my back in the sun. Rather than standing over it or alongside, I got down in the dirt, I got right into the root of it.



I'm in a place now where I am working out kinks; pruning if you will and, mapping out a healthy direction for growth. This shot was spot on with where I am at this moment, a little rough in places, fragile in others but looking forward to blue skies.


Next week: 2/08 Broken

Show me something broken, a heart, a finger nail, a bottle, a plate...anything broken will do.

Have a fabulous week!
Peace

14 comments:

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Perfect! Always best to start at the roots!!

High Desert Diva said...

We both are looking up today. Your words make yours all the better.

SandraRee said...

I understand...it definitely alters your perception. I stopped when my children grew up and then found myself lying on the grass playing with my grandson, looking up. Hope the rest of your week is always, "looking up". xo

Unknown said...

lying on my back in the sun..one f my favorite past times.

wonderful metaphorical commentary.

{S.T.U.F.F.} said...

{LUV} the contrast in the sharpness in the foreground and background

Barbara said...

I'm loving it! Looking to the skies is always better than burying one's face in the dirt =)

Ice Pony Girl said...

Cool shot! I wanna play your Shutter Click & Chat. Do you have a badge I can add to my blog?

Libby Buttons said...

I love your analogy here. I think I am in the same place....same process. It's not easy.
smiles
LiBBy

Unknown said...

Oh, I love it. And I think that I am exactly where you are. What a wonderful way to depict it.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

I love this time of year, my flowers coming up yea


happy black history months

RDB

Jill said...

Great picture, perspective, and analogy!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

It is a time to start anew and a fresh isn't it. No place better than to begin at the beginning.

A Cuban In London said...

That's as raw as it gets. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Radical Selfie said...

Beautiful. Just another bullet point in the already-proven statement that we are one with the Universe. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin