Tuesday, November 4, 2008

In with the new...

Staged photo: I'm actually eating in a dimly lit room in front of the computer.

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty.
She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.

Ellen DeGeneres

Fitness and healthier lifestyle regimen, of course. It is Fat Tuesday wherein I get to rant about the excess bags, and chins that accompany the pounds. Yes, I'm aware that it is Election Day here in the US. In fact, it fits quite well with my strategy. I am electing to share my weight woes with an inattentive,preoccupied blogosphere. Think of it as blogger's fine print.

So, the dish: I have lost 1.2% of my body weight this month, my goal is 12%. If I was on The Biggest Loser, I'd be on the way back home, head hung low. (Have I told you that show makes me cry every time I watch it? My inner sore loser can not take the pressure.) I'll be honest, I was less committed than I should have been. I don't feel guilty at all, I did take some value from the month's experience. Note: Beer and donuts pretty much put the kibosh on successful weight loss. In other news, I walked just over 35 miles last month compared to a completely sedentary September, that was commendable.

This month I have made a few changes. I am planning all of my meals for the week, in advance. There I go planning again. And, I have joined a diet journal swap. Yes, I will document each day's triumphs, areas for improvement, meals, things I've learned, and funnies. There are always funnies to be had where reduced caloric intake meets increased physical activity. See, that's one right there. This, my friends, is going to be interesting.

I'm working out the details of how I can post my meal plans and recipes for all to access without going completely crazy. Methinks I'll need the Favorite Guy's help...stay tuned. And you, how are you this fine Fat Tuesday?



Peace: 0g Fat

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tameka, I have been struggling with weightloss for 25 years now. After several bouts with Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, and all sorts of things in between, I have learned that ANY weight loss, no matter how tiny, is a cause for celebration and a reason for self-congratulation. Whenever I complained at the Weight Watchers meeting that I "only lost a pound" that week, the group leader would send me to the grocery store to pick up a pound of butter. She'd tell me to imagine that spread all over me (Kinky!). After that, I felt much better, Uh.. I mean butter, no, I mean BETTER!

No head-hangin' here, Girl! You did great, and with all that walking, you probably added muscle, which is good, but will slow down the movement on the scale. Keep at it, and you'll succeed.

So, congratulations, and keep up the good work!

Mequet said...

Congrats on losing some weight!!! No matter how much you lost, any is a victory. Meanwhile, I might unintentionally lose a little extra today. I feel like I'm gonna puke/poop/pee all over myself before the day is over. I'm dying of anticipation over this election!!!!

Unknown said...

Tameka,

I have vowed never to say the word diet. Saying it adds so much pressure and added pounds. I just make healthier choices. (whatever that means.)

I applaud you and hope that you reach your goal. You are really doing so much better than most of us. In the meantime. I am going to make me some tea and honey bread, this post has made me hungry.

MiVida

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - Fat Tuesday, huh? I'm doing great - about to indluge acutally in a creamy pasta dish and some Italian sausages - lol.

Speaking of Fat...did u know I have a food blog? www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com - it's what's up!

Barbara said...

I forgot all about Fat Tuesdays over here, lol. That should tell you that I haven't lost any of my stubborn back fat. Its got to change. I wanna leave college in the same body that I enter in dammit!!

Anonymous said...

One of my friend suggested Weight Watchers to me for a healthy weight loss diet plan.

High Desert Diva said...

Beer and donuts, eh?

Fat Tuesday...many calories consumed...not good.

Obama won...very good.

A Cuban In London said...

'In with the New'

That's exactly what your country has done now, tea and honey. Congrats on this historical moment.

Greetings from London.

Sherry said...

Hope for the country today.

I book marked your diet journal swap. I was thinking of starting a new blog about my journey. I even had my husband take a before photo.

Unknown said...

I think that you are doing great. Perhaps when you post your weekly recipes I can just copy off of you. I have been having a hard time keeping up with meals and buy stuff on the fly. Daily visits to the grocery store are not fun, practical or economical.

It is Wednesday. I am elated!

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Well at least you lost something (unlike your blog friend, who gained at least five pounds inhaling her children's Halloween candy). I can't wait to see your menus... I can ALWAYS use help planning menus. I swear I've run out of ideas... and if I get the side-eye one mo' gin for serving spaghetti and meatballs... again... it's going to be a situation.

Anonymous said...

congrats to you, i'm now motivated to lose weight

Unknown said...

seems like you've got it figured out, so push on! yes we can!! remember?? ha ha!

*recalling the dream i had last night about donuts...*

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin