Monday, October 4, 2010

Talking Shop: September

Coming soon:
Asymmetrical wave choker $24

I can't believe it's already October! Moreover, I can't believe I've been in my NEW! digs for two months. Admittedly, I've been in a state of perpetual motion, balancing school, homeschooling, our label, label appearances, and Pretty in Peace. Don't ask how I'm doing it all, as I haven't had the time to wrap my head around the process, myself. What I can tell you however, is that I am doing it!

September saw a 450% increase in revenue from August. This kind of exponential growth was expected given the 600% increase in visibility that occurred throughout the first month of business (Aug. '10) as a result of some pretty heavy promoting. I promoted less aggressively in September and felt it. Grimace. My hits dropped just a little under 6.5%, but the breadth of traffic increased overall. In short, fewer hits albeit from more sites/locations. That being said, I managed to gross 26.5% more in Internet sales than I did in September '09 on Etsy, where I'd been settled and selling for the better part of 2 years.

The greater part of September's sales came from new customers, this eases some of the angst I initially felt about standing alone. It also has me thinking about incentives to lasso in my previous customer base. This could prove tricky given Etsy's strict customer contact regulations-more commonly referred to as spam.

November 1st: Holiday 2010
Limited Edition Collection

For October, I'm going to focus on tweaking the site-okay, actually finishing the site. Tweaking is an understatement of sorts, it's pretty bare bones over there-but, I'm working on it. I've also been twisting and beading away at a quaint, little holiday collection which hits the shop November 1; a dozen one-of-a-kind pieces with a little extra something that says, "special occasion". In addition, I have final exams, costumes to make, a costume party to attend, and trick-or-treating to squeeze in there...somewhere in there. I guess I should go now, huh?



Peace and progress

5 comments:

mairedodd said...

congratulations! that is terrific... what you are accomplishing in a day is no small feat - i am in awe! looking forward to seeing the holiday collection (but not rushing through october)...

Barbara said...

You are doing it over here friend =). You have your hands pretty full, but they happen to be overflowing with awesomeness. I'm so glad that Pretty in Peace took off in the ways that it did from the new home. Yay, yay, yay!! So much good stuff over here I'm gonna have some fantastic reading ahead.

Radical Selfie said...

You are in full Execumama mode and running this beautifully, I see. I felt a sense of pride when I read this post, because clearly you're working in your stride and your work, particularly over at Pretty in Peace, reflects that! Lovin' your flow, mama -- SUPER INSPIRING!

Mrs. K said...

Wow, congrats! Did you handmade everything on your pretty in peace shop. I am so impressed. I love the designs--so unique. I will definitely be shopping there and directing people your way. YOu've got some neat stuff there.

Unknown said...

you're one of the most gifted people i've come across on or offline, and i am constantly inspired by you and your works!

ok, now...wow @ at those numbers! you're making it happen.

and without etsy! who woulda thought! *sarcasm*

:-)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin