Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Thought Thursday

I watch and talk to my pets a lot, probably more than I should admit in a public forum. I thrive on the infinite wisdom that exists in their silence. I do know however, should they break that silence... and, ever begin speaking to me- like in "people talk", I should seek professional help. In the interim though, my thoughts on their thoughts make for great Thursday blog fodder.

Beau, our recently transitioned guinea pig was an introvert like me.
The pic above was his initial response to the arrival of the cats back in 2006.

Beau thoroughly enjoyed his short reign as the only fur child.
There were many perks...

But all good things must...well y'know, that couldn't last long!

There were certainly some boundary issues to work out between he and Biju.
Biju was, er... a more worldly gal and certainly not the best house guest!

She often had to be confronted about these affronts.

But through it all they remained "friends 'til the end".

And, as she looks out over him now, I bet she misses him just as much as we do.

So call your friends, even if they're- well y'know, a little different.



Peace and friendship

14 comments:

Kathy said...

What great photos and memories you have. We have share our home with many a critter over the years from the usual dogs and cats to a guinea pig, mice, fish, birds and a rabbit. We loved them all....well most of them. The mice were for a science experiment and someone told me they don't live long....liars! Itchy and Scratchy lived for what seemed to be forever. They got old and shriveled and gray.....geez, I guess I loved them too.

Kwana said...

What a sweet post with beautiful memories of Beau. Of sure Biji does miss him. Thanks for sharing.

High Desert Diva said...

You captured some great moments!

Beau was certainly the most handsome guinea pig I've ever seen....

Shannon said...

Aw... what a great post! That is ONE cute guinea pig. I do spend a lot of time in wonder of my pets as well! They communicate so many things without the words we are blessed with! :)

Cynthia L. H. said...

Aw! Love the pics and the post. It is evident that you and Biju really do miss Beau!

Get Togetha said...

That is thee cutest guinea pig...not sure what the cutie pie was at first...but good golly I'm such an animal lover...

GT

Barbara said...

Awww, so very sweet. Difference makes friendship richer =). It is obvious that these two were very wealthy!

Beth Hikes said...

Oh Beau the introvert...I so sweet and capturing my heart. What a sad passing.

Unknown said...

I love the photos and how sweet that the cat and Beau got along. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Although, I have to admit that I never kept a guinea pig or cat for that matter. So thanks for the education.

Dina said...

Ahhh...what a wonderful story of friendship (both human and animal).

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Beau was beautiful! He looks like he enjoyed his friend.

Claire said...

The guinea pig with 'lights is perfectly arrayed for Halloween. Love him.

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Awwww... sweet thoughts for a friend gone. Thanks for sharing your beautiful memories through photos... makes me want to go take a buncha pictures of my goldendoodle, Teddy Bear.

(Okay, but seriously? Beau could have done hair commercials... )

Jennifer said...

These are such sweet photos. Biji and Beau looked like they really did grow to love each other. *hugs* to you guys and Biji.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin