Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shutter Click & Chat 5/17

One hundred dollars...
Real Simple regularly asks its readers what they would do with an extra $100, and what a challenge it was for me to answer this seemingly simple question. I am a binge buyer, hence the receipts. Yes, I save them for when I come to my senses and need to return said impulse purchases.


I set out-in my head to buy the following items:
Aveda hair conditioner: $16
Board shorts: est. $20
Jason Mraz CD: $20
Art supplies: $40


I bought:

The absolute cutest: cotton blouse SALE $7, linen shorts SALE $15, denim shorts, SALE $15, Figure flattering jeans SALE $20

Comforter set SALE $44

Not shown: sunglasses $5...keep with me, they are, "the absolute cutest sunglasses", detoxifying face cleanser $6, exfoliating extra moisturizing body soap $6...sighs. You do the math! What would you do with an extra $100?!

Note: Shutter Click & Chat will be on vacation for a few weeks while I wrap up a few pressing projects.

Peace

12 comments:

Unknown said...

your $100 sure did go far.

i always have a hard time answering questions like this. i've been thinking about it throughout the day with intentions of posting later. i'm so indecisive!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

You did pretty well for $100! I try NOT to go into stores as there is no way that I could keep anything under $100 and that would include a grocery store. Heaven forbid it was a discount store...I then rationalize every purchase to the point of it landing in my cart and out the checkout we go!

Victoria said...

Sounds like you did very well! I know I should buy clothes, but more often that $100 will get spent on art supplies and books. Enjoy your blog vacation!

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

You certainly stretched that $100....and that top IS adorable!

The yard sale is over and we did pretty well. We spent $100 THAT NIGHT taking our kids out to dinner so I guess there's your answer! ; )

Cynthia L. H. said...

Fun! I thought I was the only one with a pile of receipts like that. :^)
Makes me feel so much better.
I have so many ways that $100 needs to go right now...there is no way I can choose one direction.
:^)
C

A Cuban In London said...

Well, I say you spent those $100 wisely ;-). Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Mocha Dad said...

I would have been lucky to get one pair of pants and a shirt for $100.

Just Jules said...

I like and dislike that part of the R.S. Magazine. Some people's answer makes me shake my head - but who am I to question their desires

Jennifer said...

Nice job! I LOVE, love, Luuuuv, Jason Mraz so I was just excited that you mentioned him...It was funny too because the day after you asked that questions, we came into some unexpected $...and I did just what I imagined I would, I worried a little less about things needed, bought a little something for the kid, yarn for me and don't remember what the husband did, then saved the rest :)

Oh and tahnks for the birthday wish...I just saw the message today!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

I would probably buy some essential oils to make soaps, scrubs, and salts. I might buy a new handbag, and I would go out to eat somewhere special ALONE.

PussDaddy said...

Hehe, you shop like I do. I really love that green and brown circle patterned top.

PussDaddy

Barbara said...

Doesn't it always happen that way? You go for one thing and come back with all kinds of hidden treasures. As long as you can use them, go right ahead, lol.

Can't wait to join SCCS when the vacation is over.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin