Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The 40 Day Challenge Update and more...

Sunday was day forty of my Calm Heart Challenge-do you want the Simon Cowell or Paula Abdul version of the outcome? Simon first? Okay. Feigns British accent which sounds a lot like a New Yorker feigning a British accent. "It was dreadful, like a drunk uncle at a wedding, dancing ballet to techno, sorry". The only time I felt calm were the times I did it in bed in a semi conscious haze. With all things related to my yogic path, I listen to my body. Through the cacophonous haze that is my mind, my body said, "nope, uh uh, we can't do this" about half the time and, I listened. Now for the Paula version. Sobbing gibberish. Um, yeah Paula is proud of me. I'm proud of me too, I tried.

The NEW! Challenge begins today. Whilst yammering with a gal pal, I unleashed a bit of hidden genius. It seems her manfriend is unemployed, not actively seeking employment and planning a vacation. Planning a vacation? "Well, isn't he already on vacation", I ask befuddled. She laughs and agrees that this is indeed an interesting philosophy. Well, I gave it some thought after our conversation ended, and I've been living quite loftily myself. Not lofty enough to stay calm and focused for 7 damn minutes- I tried...I tried, but lofty nonetheless. So, I am going to write a list of shit, er I mean important things that I would like...(no room for passivity) that I will complete over the next 30 days hence earning my week long vacation in June.

Did I mention the death of my PC? Oh yeah, that too...I'll have to sketch blog pics until everything has been shuffled around. This is going to be fun, can you just sense the smile in my words?

Peace

8 comments:

Unknown said...

*making a note to read up on this 40 day challenge business, knowing good and well i've tried similar techniques and failed miserably*

yes, i do feel that smile coming through in the words and know it'll be even broader once you've completed that list. nothing like the feeling of accomplishment! :-D

(oh, but seems to me that the vacation will be well earned even if you continue your loftiness for the next 30 days...if only for the prom defeat alone, ha!)

A Cuban In London said...

I'm laughing internally at your Simon Cowell impersonation. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

I've book-marked the Practical Yoga site and will spend more time on the 40-day challenge.

I have been reading Donna Eden's Energy Medicine for Women and using her temporal tap and daily energy tune-up. Been feeling a lot more positive & energy filled!

Beth Hikes said...

TOTALLY admire your commitment and honesty about the Calm Heart Challenge. I always find it fun where I find myself off the trail :) Looking forward to your new discoveries!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Hell, I'm on vacay for two weeks and some might say we shouldn't be...but to hell with them. Balancing these bills and dodging these bill collectors is stressful. The price of one vacay is not going to get me caught up.

mairedodd said...

i really enjoy your posts... you are so easy to relate to! i have to tell you, i was tempted to post one of your phrases on my blog, your term for your kids - "former womb dwellers"... classic! remember, yoga and meditation are called practices for a reason! :0) i find comfort in knowing that this even applies to the dalai lama...

Jennifer said...

I was looking for this post a couple of days ago...I was secretly hoping it was a 40 second challenge, even 40 minutes, but 40 days!!! Just kidding, but we'll see. I'll have to get the hook up on your Simon accent, LOL!

Can't wait to see how the list goes :)

Radical Selfie said...

THANK YOU for hipping me to this 40 Day Challenge! Lord knows I can use this in my beautifully chaotic life. Oh, and I totally felt your smile coming through the words :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin