Thursday, April 16, 2009

Care to wager?

Original image taken from here


Jordan enters stage left interrupting her whilst she sit in peace, working on jewelry and eyeing the Favorite Guy as he drops crumbs on the sofa.

Jordan: Nervously Um mom, [she] says she won't go if I don't wear this tux...pointing to tuxedo he doesn't like

Mom: Breathes deeply rolls eyes
Favorite Guy: Fidgets nervously and dons the cloak
Jordan: And her mother said she likes it too...
Momzilla: Rises from sofa, drops beads and wire and, begins to roll neck: Is her --- mother going to wear the tuxedo? This is getting ridiculous already! [Forget] it! Don't go, let her dance with her manipulative ---mother.
Favorite Guy: Can I get my money back?
Jordan: Laughing
Momzilla: Joe this is ridiculous. I have been good every time she has changed colors, (orange, turquoise, gold/white, silver/white, coral, fuchsia) I did my part getting limo quotes, and I didn't say anything (admirable restraint) about the dress the mother liked even though it wasn't flattering for [her daughter's figure type]. How is she gonna tell him what not to wear, she isn't paying for the [tux].
Jordan: Laughing at the parents and looking at a family friend as if to say, "I told you my mom's was gonna trip"

The phone rings...Jordan laughs harder...
Momzilla: Get that woman off my phone Jordan! If you want to talk to [the daughter] go ahead, but keep her ---mother off my line.
Favorite Guy: Resumes Seinfeld DVD for a moment , pauses, turns and says "Eh, just get the money back and don't worry about it" (The Favorite Guy is um...frugal)
Momzilla: Sucks teeth and rolls eyes

Next Day: Jordan logs onto his MySpace account to see a picture of the tux he chose and the comment U-G-L-Y posted to his bulletin by his potential prom date.

The shoes and earrings are off and the battle begins. We're picking up the tux on Saturday. Who will reign victorious? Promzilla, Her Momzilla or His Momzilla; the undisputed "T-Wrecks" and her invisible, albeit faithful minion. Care to wager? The victor will be crowned on May 2nd at 6:00 PM. Laughs, this parenting shit is comical at times...


Peace and victory!

19 comments:

{S.T.U.F.F.} said...

...hair pulled back into a ponytail, face 'vaselined' down, heels off!
...IT'S ON!!

My money is on His Momzilla...

P.S.::...and the sh*t doesn't get any easier...

Unknown said...

I think you are going to win because you are paying for it. Seriously? I can understand color of cumberbund(do they even wear those anymore) or tie but the tux is his choice.

Heather said...

It's been many a year since I went to prom and many before my oldest goes so I may be completely out of touch, but I thought the only time the girl decides the tux is for her wedding. Until then this boy belongs to no woman but YOU and his tux is his choice.

365 Letters said...

As the mother of a girl who won't go to a prom for another 8 or 9 years, I can't imagine even thinking about commenting on the boy's tux. I'm sure I'll have a lot to say to my daughter about her dress, but that's enough for me. I'll let the other parents raise their son.

Unknown said...

I place my bets on you, it's what he is wearing that night, he should be comfortable in what he's wearing. At least he isn't wearing shorts, multicolored sideburns and flip-flops like my prom date did:)

Barbara said...

Dang, I didn't know prom was so hardcore for the youngsters these days. See, I was a simple girl. I picked a color (BLACK & WHITE) and we just went with it. It wasn't a big deal. I didn't change the color, he WORE A TUX HE ALREADY HAD (granted he was a friend who was a few years older than me, easily the oldest dude at the prom, lol), but point is, wasn't none of that difficult stuff.

Looks like HER Momzilla is raising a Miss. Prissy, therefore, my money is on HIS Momzilla, lol.

Unknown said...

aw hell!

something tells me you've got this one, though...

Kathy said...

Oh man, I would be more than ticked off. Who is paying for that tux? Jordan likes it? Hmmmm...like mother...like daughter...a bit controlling for prom....and my money is on the author!

lori vliegen said...

i've got a 20-spot on His Momzilla...to win! and, just remember, it's all uphill from here! :)

presious said...

I am on child my 3rd child going to the prom! Girl! The drama is endless. My first was my daughter. The last one was my son and this one is my next son.

The drama I always get is, "Mom, I ain't goin'" until the last minute then they have me hussle all over the place to get their stuff! Personally, my son would have to do what I say if I'm the one paying for it. If that otha' mama is payin', then hey, let it roll!

Afterwards, they are very happy they went. :) Actually, they are happy when they are dressed and the pictures are being taken.

So, I say, hang in there and it will work out really well in the end, especially when you get to see the pictures. They really do look beautiful.

In the end, you will exhale and claim him as your child again!

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Oh, yeah, the girl's mom. I have stories I could tell, but I'd probably get sued. Seriously. She has threatened me with her sister-the-lawyer....

mouth is shut because teeth are gritted....

Mequet said...

Damn, if I was that mom, I'd be worried about more important things like, oh, I don't know...my daughter not having sex in the back of a limo or getting drunk or getting high or any of the other stuff that most kids do on prom night. To hell with what kind of tux her date is wearing, seriously. My money's on you, though. Did you put your head scarf on when the other mom called, hahaha?

Jill said...

My money is on His Momzilla too! My second daughter is going to prom too, but we keep it simple here in our house. I gave her a $100 for a dress. She has a job and could foot the bill for more if she wanted, but told me no, not for just one night--I told her that's how I feel. Outrageous spending has so many people in so much trouble and parents who are living through their kids is worse. I hope these two are just on a date and she's not a seriuos girlfriend for your sake. My daughter's date asked her what color her dress was so he could match his tux. She told him he could get whatever he wanted. BTW her dress is short and zebra striped. And honest to goodness she makes it look chic.

miznyc said...

oh my Lawd!!! Please forgive me T but I just about died laughing reading this. Is this what I'll have to look forward to?!?!?!

I don't know who is going to win but I pray that Peace and Serenity win out!

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

LOL...take 'em down T. :-)

Kym said...

I vote that Momzilla will win this round....LOL...my son did not have a date (thank goodness) and he went with a group of friends (they were basically all going "dateless" together)...but I do not even want to think about the mini-me's prom years and what that will involve, but I know I will not decide what her date will be wearing!

Shannon said...

hahahaha! I am ROTF right now! Prom... oh the memories! I think I bet on you! I know you just aren't going to let your lil' boy take any shit from that girl's momma!!!! Good luck!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

OOh Lawd, what's her mom all in it for? She handles her end, you handle your end.

Cynthia L. H. said...

"MomZilla WINS!!!! Hands DOWN!" Read the headlines on May 2nd.
Momzilla has the MoJo and nothin' else is necessary!
:^)
C

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin