Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Secunderabad Love Spell...


Secunderabad Love Spell: mixed media collage T.Allen-Mercado 2009

Dear, I fear we're facing a problem, you love me no longer I know, and maybe there is nothing that I can do to make you do. -The Cranberries

So, a week or so later and here we are, a matchbox cover (bird) a vintage comic strip page (gentleman suitor, vehicle, tree branches and earth), a business card (Indian deity atop hood) an altered vintage photo (she's been colorized), some scrapbook papers, glitter and digital confetti.

I received these items from an artist friend in India along with a few others-I took on the challenge to create something, anything from the ephemera. I knew at once, I'd use the photo of the woman-I'm a vintage photo freak, and the rest of the piece just came together around her. I only wish the gold and saffron glitter I used had shown more brightly in this photo.

I think the spell will work-she looks seemingly sated at a glance, wouldn't you say?



Peace and love

4 comments:

PussDaddy said...

You did a great job. I had read your earlier blog post where you were given the stuff. It looks great.

PussDaddy

Kathy said...

I knew it would be awesome!!!

Hana Njau-Okolo said...

Very interesting; one that you have to return to over and over to take in, step by step...

Barbara said...

Your art is timeless!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin