Saturday, June 27, 2009

Not Quite Twitter 3: The Vacation Edition



Well, it's that time again folks! Yes, I have been delinquent in my blogging and now must condense a full week's worth of debauchery into one post of bite-sized highlights. Shall we?


Last week we kicked off our summer of fun with a hike of the Grand Canyon's south rim. And, an at times horrifyingly slippery hike down in the RAIN! Good blogger that I am, I snapped a shot in case...well you know! Shudders at the thought.


Next stop Sedona, where we stayed at the vacation resort property we purchased for our last wedding anniversary. We did some nature trails, gallery tours, gift shoppe shenanigans, celebrated Father's Day, Yael's 10th birthday, took a bazillion photos, had a mood swing or two.


Seriously, I don't know what all of those kids are pouring in her jug, but it's quite obviously stronger than my beer if she's still bursting with glee!

Then we escaped- the Favorite Guy and I, for some children-free time, and I made a wish for more of the same.


I love this man.

And we are home, but I am hardly settled because, it is almost time for the next adventure-say it with me now, "Maxwell". If and when I make it back-providing I have not been chosen to rise to an older, browner Courtney Cox type fame, it's business as usual. There will something, somewhat special planned for this blog's anniversary.


Peace

10 comments:

Shannon said...

The Grand Canyon... definitely on my list of places we MUST take our children within the next couple years... I figure Ty, at 4, is probably a bit small for all the hiking! :) Glad you got some alone time with your husband!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Looks so fun. Fam time is absolutely the best!

Kwana said...

Thanks for sharing you pics. Your family is so beautiful and I just love Sedona. It the most tranquil place.

Molly Gertenbach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...

Sounds like a super time and so glad you survived the slippery slope! Great pics!

miznyc said...

:D thanks for keeping us in the loop! looks like a fun time was had and happy belated to Yael!

High Desert Diva said...

Great, picture post!

Jennifer said...

That is so cool. Glad all went well and you got some alone time!

M Ayers said...

I love this post! The pics are awesome and the family glee oozes out of the blogosphere. I long for a family vacay - but I am super-dee-duper glad you guys got one. Happy B/day to my fellow beautiful Cancerian, Yael. And isn't yours like tomorrow or something? I forgot :( - bad friend.

Unknown said...

enjoyed the pics! i especially like the one of the lone tree.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin