Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Greets. I was so spot on and ready to go with lots of wonderful blog-worthy goodness, but the heart won't let me part from the Francisco family and their current dire situation. Funny thing about women and how at once we are so supportive and loving of one another and yet filled with such condemnation and contempt. Christine Francisco has quickly entered and carved a very deep spot in my heart. A woman I've never met from many miles away has closed in on my world and the worlds of so many others. We're all sisters...all of us wives and mothers are sisters. Exclusive of race, socio-economic status, and faith we share the same basic intrinsic nature to love and nurture.

The Etsy community has really tightened around the support and search efforts for the Francisco family, short of checking local news, the community forum is the place to be to send love, money, support. prayers positive vibes and even donate goods. Local artists are also participating in the search. I haven't had this much faith in humanity since living in NYC during the 9/11 attacks. It's not a full restoration of faith, but it is a shimmer of hope that we haven't totally lost it.

I'm here in my dining room enjoying my morning coffee and catching up with my favorite guy on the latest homefront happenings. The usual routine but with a bit more substance today. Today I'm looking at him and thinking "I've spent just about every day of the past 18 years of my life with this person, more years with him than without him. We've built a family, established traditions, developed our own recipes and vernacular...of course I can live without him, but why would I want to"?

At your desk now, or on your walk home or over dinner, on the commute-wherever, tell the people who make your life special that you love them and that you cherish every moment you are together. When you're done, make an offering of prayer, love, positive energy, strength, grace or faith to The Francisco family.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin