Monday, March 19, 2012

The Scintilla Project: Day Four


The prompt: What does your everyday look like? Describe the scene of your happiest moment of every day.

The rich stench of dark, freshly pressed, fair trade, organic lust fills the air whilst the tea kettle whistles. Harmoniously, cats trill and purr, busheled tails dancing to the beat of a new day's desert sun. Standing still in the east corner of my starting over space, the warmth of strong hands descend my neck and shoulders as chills and tangibly goosed skin ascend to meet them. "Good morning, _____", he greets me. I gaze over my left shoulder untoward him and return what we've come to refer to as simply, the look. We each smile, and while no words are uttered, much is said as I grab my mug and he fills his.

I nestle into the soft, floral chair afront my desk, mug raised, blank screen before me, steam fogs my lenses, but I don't care. I am watching him intently from an unobstructed periphery; blinking softly, slowly, steadily, I will the etching of this moment for eternity--which literally begins in less than 6 months.

I lower the mug from my lips just as the telephone rings and a New York City exchange shows on the caller ID. Smiling, I nod in blissful satiation, "Hi ____", I say, raising an octave and my foggy lenses, "I was just thinking about you!"

  
Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.-Gibran
      

8 comments:

Cassie @ Witty Title Here said...

Your descriptive details come across as being so effortlessly written... I love it.

Tameka said...

Thanks, Cassie! #Scintilla Project has really helped find my voice again.

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

Wow. I love this. And I love what you are exploring with this difficult and brave project. Your beauty, strength, and pain are exquisite. xoxo

mairedodd said...

so this project - my heart is pounding for you... the scary questions, the ones we hope to evade... you address them so beautifully... i am so very proud of you - for your perseverance, your hard work, your light... it has been a year, has it not? and yet still we stand... with hearts that love, souls that seek... with hope...

Stereo said...

I have fallen completely in love with your words and your blog and I am hoping that this is the beginning of a friendship.

Robin said...

I love the quote at the end. You have such a beautiful blog, and I'm happy we've connected through Scintilla.

J. Lea Lopez said...

Just gorgeous. A beautiful moment.

thara said...

I feel like I'm experiencing it with you. Lovely descriptions.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin