Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday morning




It is Saturday morning, yes? I never know.

This has long been one of my favorite songs; a true classic. No matter where I've been in my life, it has resonated with me. Ever since I first heard it in the restlessness and rebellion of my youth and even today as I teeter on the precipice of a revolution.

I've got what I believe to be the flu, and what I know to be a carpet that needs vacuuming and a cat box or three that need scooping. I've also got a far more riveting piece of work in my drafts folder and some checks that need writing on my desk. I'm drinking my second mug of coffee, it's poorly pressed and grinds are settling in rings at incremental stages along the innards of my mug. I sip and swirl, sip and swirl and wonder if I should just abandon it for the perfectly brewed beer that sits in the fridge.

I'm missing a partner this morning, I don't have anything particularly profound to say, and I'm not necessarily in need of a hug, but it'd be nice to have someone on the receiving end of my rhythmic keyboard rappings and rather unpleasant cough. No, I'm not lonely, but the oneness of this Saturday morning is jarring.

Peace


3 comments:

Shaista said...

Tea and honey bread sounds like a good cure for you, dear Cougher :)
Pull out some old jazz and rhythm n blues, light an orange and crabapple candle, read some Junot Diaz... Monday will come around all too soon xx

Jill said...

We're here.
You aren't alone.

FM said...

I hope you went for the beer... bad cawfee is just unacceptable. Btw, how could you ever be jarred by the oneness when you are surrounded by such beautiful words?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin