Thursday, November 17, 2011

The changing of my voice

"Soul Sister" earrings by Mary Jane Dodd


I've pretty much been in isolation since the collapse of my marriage. It hasn't been a stagnate isolation however, as I've progressed quite a bit throughout the months. I'd say at this point, as I'm settling into my NEW! apartment, it isn't as much isolation as it is rehabilitation. I pulled back when things got noisy, I'm an HSP, so it doesn't take much for well-intended advice and concern to cross over into agitating cacophony.

I have however, kept a little fairy door open and managed to make and keep some very special attachments on my journey to wellness and becoming whole again. The earrings in the photo above were sent to me by a fellow artist and dear, dear friend to remind me that I am "never alone". There are also, my other soul sisters and brethren who keep a song playing in my heart when I'm deaf with despair. Thank you, all.

And then, there is my partner of whom I can not say enough wonderful things, so I won't. What I will say is that for every seemingly hopeless thing I express, I am being replenished. I am being restored and the Universe has rewarded me in kind. I don't do saints, gods and demons, but I do love, and love is being done unto me.

Everyday is not a bad day, and while the intensity of this experience is discomforting, revolutions are seldom peaceful. If pressed to find the good in the worst days, I'd say it was nightfall and the knowledge that I've almost made it through.

The timing and my decision to go public with all that has transpired over the course of this year is largely in part to the discovery of a strength I never knew possible, much less a strength that I possessed. In the past I've shared recipes and movie reviews, and quips about the perils of parenting pubescent children. I thought it only fair to share the stories which lead to the changing of my voice.


Peace and thanks

3 comments:

mairedodd said...

and we are so glad you are sharing it...
yes, the shadows are uncomfortable, but ultimately seem to reveal that which we need to focus upon...
i thank you for supporting me, while i go through a different but parallel experience...
big love-

pascha said...

Miss you!

My Inspired Reality said...

Happy New Year Tameka! Hope 2012 shines with all that is good for you. Kala here with my new blog:

http://www.myinspiredreality.blogspot.com



Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin